Enhancing Emotional Health is a self-esteem and empowering program for women and young ladies.
It is run over a five-week period to give participants time to reflect on what they learn and discover about themselves each week.
There is a new discussion topic each week, the sessions are interactive because each attendee brings a wealth of experience into the group.
The main aim of the program is to support women and young ladies to build their self-esteem and to empower them to strive for the best.
The objectives are to:
- Create an understanding of the causes of low self-esteem.
- Encourage women/young ladies to build their self-esteem.
- Learn how to manage thoughts and feelings.
- Provide a safe space for honest expression of feelings and emotions.
- Learn how to create healthy boundaries.
The topics covered are:
- Enhancing Emotional Health
- Our thoughts (managing negative thoughts)
- Healthy lifestyle balance
- Conflict management
- Setting goals
The program is designed to help participants understanding the causes of low self-esteem, improve their self-esteem, manage thoughts and feelings, create healthy boundaries and explore the importance of self-care and a healthy balanced lifestyle.
The Enhancing Emotional Health program is conducted in a safe, friendly and non-judgmental environment and group members become part of a support network of women who are embarking on a journey of self-development.
It is a free program run over five weekly sessions at Mackay Women’s Services, 418 Shakespeare St, Mackay.