Who We Are
Our vision – To enhance the lives of women
The Mackay Women’s Centre is an incorporated, non-government, community-based organisation, governed by a local committee who are elected annually. The Mackay Women’s Centre provides a range of free counselling and support services for women in the city of Mackay and surrounding region.
- Bridget Mather — Chair Person
- Belinda Hassan – Vice President
- Roxanne Birse — Secretary
- VACANT — Treasurer
- Amanda Lavarack — Committee Member
- Bronwyn Green – Committee Member
- Cathy Oats — Committee Member
- Meredith Papas — Committee Member
- Amanda Camm — Committee Member
- Joy Sleep (Block) — Committee Member
- Annette Howe — Committee Member
- Lara Tom – Committee Member
- Karen Beckham — Committee Member
- Jordana Abela — Committee Member
- Rhiannon Minniecon — Committee Member
To listen to the voices of the women, children and men with whom we work to create agile, innovative, empowering and responsive services that best meet service user needs within existing resources, while maintaining all necessary accountabilities.
- To be a high-performing service
- To strive to enhance the quality of lives of women and children in our region
- To work with men to develop positive relational behaviours to keep women and children safe
- To respect the rights of individuals
- Feminist framework — gendered nature of violence
- Wholistic approach in supporting women, within family, community and society
- Social justice approach — rights-based, women make their own choices, women are empowered to exercise their rights
- Respect for others
- Clients interests as a priority
- Empower women to be happier and healthier.
The Mackay Women’s Centre Constitution can be downloaded here
Inside this document, you will find information on the following topics: funds and accounts, bylaws, functions of the management committee, membership, alteration of rules and more.